The benefits of treating sleep problems can be found in nearly every aspect of a patient’s life. The right treatment can lead to:
- A more restorative sleep
- Feeling more awake with less daytime fatigue and drowsiness
- An improved mental well-being with less irritability, fewer mood swings and less depression
- Fewer headaches
- Improve blood pressure control
- Decreased cardiac risks
- Fewer symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Fewer complications during surgery and post-operatively after general anesthesia
- Lower risk of motor vehicle accidents
Here are some materials that you can use to learn more about sleep disorders, how they’re treated, and how they can help your patients have a better quality of life.
To learn more about how Sleep Insights can diagnose and treat sleep apnea and other sleep problems, please contact us at any time.
Sleep screening tools
- Epworth Scale – for a general sleep screen
- STOP-BANG questionnaire – for patients with suspected obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
Information about sleeping disorders
- Sleep apnea (NIH)
- Sleep deprivation and deficiency (NIH)
- Insufficient Sleep – a public health epidemic (CDC)
For more information about healthy sleep, sleep disorders, sleep testing and treatment options for your patients, please contact us today.