What Is Home Sleep Apnea Testing (HSAT)?
A home sleep apnea test (HSAT) is a diagnostic test that is used to diagnose sleep apnea by monitoring breathing patterns and effort, oxygen levels and heart rate. It cannot diagnose other sleep disorders. It is a self-administered test done in the comfort of your home. A clinical evaluation with a Sleep Insights provider will determine whether an HSAT may be an appropriate test for you.
Home Sleep Apnea Testing:
- is done at home
- can be worked around your schedule
- is picked up at at one of our office locations
- is a painless procedure
- records your breathing efforts while you sleep, using sensors near your nose and an elastic belt gently secured around your chest
- monitors your blood oxygen levels and pulse, using a sensor on your fingertip
- is quick and easy to set up; one of our healthcare professionals will demonstrate the placement of the belts and sensors before you leave our office, and our staff is just a phone call away if you have any questions
In the morning, simply return the device and results will be available to you within a few days. If you need further treatment, we’ll review the best options with you.
Learn more about HSAT
Contact us today to learn more about HSAT or to see if it's right for you.
Home Sleep Apnea Testing (HSAT) Instructions
If you need a refresher on how to use your HSAT unit, refer to the appropriate instructional video link below: