What Is Home Sleep Apnea Testing (HSAT)?
A home sleep apnea test (HSAT) is a diagnostic test used to diagnose sleep apnea. It cannot diagnose other sleep disorders. A clinical evaluation with a Sleep Insights provider will determine whether an HSAT may be an appropriate test for you.
Home Sleep Apnea Testing:
- is a self-administered test done at home
- records your breathing efforts while you sleep, using sensors near your nose and an elastic belt gently secured around your chest
- monitors your blood oxygen levels and pulse, using a sensor on your fingertip
- is quick and easy to set up; one of our healthcare professionals will demonstrate the placement of the belts and sensors before you leave our office, and our staff is just a phone call away if you have any questions.
- is picked up at one of our office locations and returned to the same location the day after the test
Home Sleep Apnea Testing (HSAT) Instructions
If you need a refresher on how to use your HSAT unit, play the instructional video link: